Don’t let your height discourage you from shopping for a long gown for a special occasion. With a little bit of shopping savvy you too can take home a fabulous dress and look wonderful. Evening dresses can make you feel elegant no matter what your height. If you are asking yourself, “Am I too short to wear an evening gown?” being educated about how the dress is made will answer your question.
Selecting the Perfect Dress
Fashion changes every year but good taste and basic dress styles stay pretty much the same through the years. When a well-made dress is selected in good taste it can be worn for many years. Following trends and ignoring how you look in a garment is not a good idea for any woman. Taller woman though are able to wear many garments and accessories that a shorter woman should not consider; but a well-designed basic dress is essential in every woman’s wardrobe.
Points to consider
A short dress may be a better choice for a shorter girl to select for her outing but a long dress can be considered if the shorter woman keeps the following suggestions in mind:
* If you are having a picture taken try to stand alone or next to people that are not a lot taller than you. The comparison will accentuate your lack of height.
* Select a dress with a skirt that is straight, not puffy. The fabric of the dress you select should be silk, chiffon velvet, or satin. A sheath style dress is very flattering to many figures and can add height. Fabrics with prints or patterns, or a raised pattern, make the person wearing it appear larger around and a bit shorter. If you are short the fabric will be more flattering if it is smooth and all one color.
* A dress without a belt or sash will keep the eye from stopping at your waist. This is a rule that most girls follow regardless of their height. A belt will cut you in half and take several inches off your height.
* Select a dark color dress as opposed to white or pink. Women of any height appear thinner in darker colors. Do not select a multi color garment. If the dress is one color from head to toe, along with the smooth texture, that alone will make you appear taller.
* Look at the top of the dress. A dress with a halter top or with a deep V neckline will make a shorter person appear taller. The V neckline will lengthen the entire dress. A strapless dress is flattering and makes a person look taller also.
After you have Made Your Selection
Try the dress on while wearing the led shoes you intend to wear. If you need to have the dress shortened make sure the hem is not raised above your toe. Select led shoes that you can wear all evening. Removing your led shoes will make the dress drag on the floor. If the dress stops at your ankle, even if this makes walking easier, the eye will stop at your led shoes and make you look shorter.[products_slider title=”? SALE ENDS TODAY? ” per_page=”” category=”en” orderby=”sales”]